Wednesday, September 17, 2008

1 Year Check Up

Ok, so no birthday pictures yet because I didn't take a single picture the entire day, and Jess hasn't gotten the cd to me yet- she's bringing it this weekend. But let me just tell you that her party was a BLAST... so lots more details to come, when I have some time! :)

We did go to her 1 year appointment today, and the doctors said everything looked great. She had clear ears (PRAISE GOD!) and they were impressed by how well she walked.

The stats...
Weight: 18 lbs, 15 ounces, 20th percentile
Height: 28 3/4 inches, 40th percentile
Head Circumference: 18 3/8 inches, 90th percentile

So, it can definitely still be said that our daughter is a petite little girl with a big ol' head! :) But we think she's beautiful!!

She did have to get two shots today, and has been kind of a cranky mess the rest of the day. I'm sure she'll wake up happier tomorrow, and I'm just thrilled to know that she is a healthy little girl.

And I am so excited to know that I have actually made it to a full year nursing. That' something I really wanted to do, and I made it! Of course, it helps that Elena LOVES to nurse, so she hasn't started weaning herself at all. I will be sad to stop nursing her, whenever I finally do get her weaned, but I DO NOT miss dragging that horrible pump around with me EVERYWHERE I GO... I tell you what, I grew to despise that thing! But it was worth it for my little girl... she is happy and healthy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great report from the Doctor!

Way to go on the nursing, too! You have made many sacrifices to what is best for Elena. I'm sure you won't miss the pump, though.

-Mom

jess said...

Just edited all the pics and there are some really GREAT ones of the bday girl!! Can't wait to show them all to you - tomorrow!!!

What a fun time last weekend, seriously. Mass chaos and mass excitement all at once. Love it.

Glad to hear she's healthy and SO proud of you for doing what it took to get to a full year of nursing!!