Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy First Birthday!!

Wow, at exactly 9:55 pm Elena turns one year old!! It's hard to believe... the big party is tomorrow, but she's already had a pretty busy birthday!!


We dressed up for daycare today, because Aunt Jess brought Elena this really cute dress, and the birthday girl should always look special! First thing on Elena's schedule this morning... a nap! :)





After we finally got her to wake up (no small feat, she wakes up like her mommy), and got her dressed, she got to open her first present from Mommy and Daddy! She loved tearing the paper, for awhile, but then got bored.


Mommy and Daddy got her a LAPTOP!! She loves our laptop, and is constantly pounding on it, so we thought she should have her own. She did think it was pretty cool! We also let her open a present from a guy at my work, and he gave her a school bus with big legos in it, which was also pretty sweet!





At daycare, Elena got to have her first little party! I didn't get to go :( but I left my camera, and they took some great pictures!!

I did get to take off work at noon, so we went to lunch with Aunt Jess and the whole family... Laney had a lemon! :)

After lunch we went to Sam's to finish shopping for the birthday party, then back home to get ready.

It's amazing to me that it was a year ago today that we went in to the hospital and came out parents. There's nothing like it in the world, and it has been a true blessing to watch her grow up in the last year. It is such an amazing miracle to see this tiny baby grow and develop into a toddler with personality. The littlest things point so clearly to God's sovereignty and His ultimate design. It's just amazing, and I can't wait to watch her life unfold over the next 18 (and even more) years! We are blessed to be trusted with the upbringing and care of this amazing little girl.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so right!! Parenthood is a true blessing! It's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm very happy for the three of you :)

We're sorry to miss the big party but Jeff and I want to wish Elena a happy, happy birthday!! Have fun and Elena: be sure to get messy with the cake frosting! That makes the cutest pictures!!

We love you guys,
Aunt Kim and Jeff

April said...

Happy Birthday, Laney!! You are such a sweet little girl, with such a great Mommy and Daddy :)

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELENA.....Aunt Jane misses you!!!!!

jess said...

What a sweet post about your baby girl. I can't believe she is a year old, I think I will always remember getting the call that she'd arrived in our world. I love her to pieces (and you guys too!).

Had so much fun this weekend celebrating!! Can't wait to see you again in just a few days :)